I am leaving for vacation tomorrow- I’ll be away for a week. As a result, I have a big long list of things to get done and the piles all over the house are actually getting looked at! Then there are the things I am suppose to get done online- the emails, etc… Alyssa over at penguin & fish tagged me recently. I have never done one of these before, for any number of reasons… one of which is because they are really hard! Anyway, I figured it was time to give it a try.
so, 7 things-
- I did not get onto a computer until 2000. No email or anything. It was my new millennium resolution. Luckily I had a 9 year old boy in the house to help me out when I couldn’t figure out how to turn it on or off!
- I am 4 out of 5. My mom is 15 out of 18. (Sorry about the picture, Tina!)
- I have a 5 pointed star in the middle of each palm.
- My interests at 10 years old- dolls, needlework, gardening- no change.
- I lived in London for a year when I was 9 years old. That year had a huge impact on me. I didn’t want to come home. Life in Connecticut was just not as good. I have made choices in my adult life based on the experiences of that year- the kind of house and neighborhood I wanted to live in, my relationship to an urban area, gardens and roses. It also influenced how I wanted my kids to interact with the place they lived.
- If my life had a soundtrack, it would be an audio book. I listen to books all the time when I work. I have books connected in my head with certain art works and visa versa- dolls with stories.
- hmm, one more thing… well, I don’t watch tv. We have one, but it can go for many weeks without being turned on. I’ve never seen Survivor, the Sopranos, West Wing or Sex in the City.
Okay, that’s it. Wow, like I said- that was hard. I am not going to name anybody because I think everyone else has already done it.
I am taking 2 tikis with me on our trip, since they are mostly handwork. That means I might have something to show you when I get back. Also, I still have some space in the doll workshops- July 28 and August 4. Let me know if you are interested. I will be emailing and confirming with everyone who expressed an interest. I am really excited about it!