Well, it’s over… we had our first frost last night.Â I’m glad I got the photo of the nasturtiums last week.
This baby has been a hard one- why do I keep thinking of it as the colicky baby.Â It is the baby I started with but kept having to put aside.Â The base fabric is a rather loosely knit sweater.Â It didn’t felt when I washed it, but I still wanted to use it- I like the texture and the color.Â It was very hard to work with.Â The wool fabric just didn’t hold it’s shape and I felt like I was wrestling it to get the right shape.Â In retrospect, I should have used an inner-lining as a stabilizer.Â And, actually that was just one of the problems.Â Originally, this baby had a brown face.Â When I was close to finishing, I stepped back and realized there was not enough contrast.Â The brown face disappeared into the pile of leaves- so… face-ectomy (that’s a little gruesome pandering to the whole Halloween week heehee).Â And I won’t go into the problems of getting the face right.Â But, now it is done-
I loved embroidering the leaves.Â Every time I went for a walk, I would bring some leaves home for inspiration.Â Now I have a pile on my desk.
Bunny on the bottom-
I took the extra face and made a new body for it, so it has worked out for the best.Â I have 2 more babies to finish before moving on.