starting now.Â Getting going on these has not been a smooth process.Â First, I misplaced some of the toile that I’d bought especially… well I did finally find it.Â Isn’t it great?Â The Hawaiian theme?
And I’ve been having trouble dyeing flesh tones that I like- I am no expert with the dyes.Â As a result, it is difficult to reproduce colors that I’ve been satisfied with before. (Reminder to self- take more notes!)Â Also, all the scrap toiles I’ve been using take the dye differently.Â Arg.Â I have a crafting mantra- limit your variables… that’s the problem here- too many variables.
So- here is the first to be finished-Â on the left.Â I looked and thought and brought him to show off at doll club, but his skin was just too, too pink for me.Â I HAD to change it, but was afraid I’d ruin him…Â in the end, I knew I had to do something.Â I mixed up a wash of Burnt Umber acrylic paint and brushed it over him to tone down the color.Â Thank Goodness, he survived the operation!Â Phew!Â So, now we present Mr. Tattoo Man #1 in the next series!
I’m not sure you can even tell from the photos, but trust me, it’s better.
I sewed up 4 dolls.Â One, I managed to spill ink on- ink that does not come out …Â I told you I was having a rocky time with these.Â I have another one finished which I will post later.Â One more that I decided needed a color wash.Â We will see if he survives his treatment.
My plan is that when I have 5 or so finished, I will put them into my Etsy shop in a bunch.Â I will post and notify people who have written to me, when that will happen.