He has tattoos from the same toile as the last one but a different section of the fabric. Lots of sea battles to choose from.
Besides the quilt, I got 2 shirts finished up. This butterfly one-
Quilt-weight cotton fabric, designed by Lizzie House. I don’t think she is designing fabric these days, but I have loved her prints and this is at least the third shirt I’ve made using them.
And this dark blue linen shirt which feels so nice to wear but I made kind of a big mistake.
You know how buttons are on one side on a woman’s shirt, and on the other for a man’s? Yep, I got it wrong. After I had it all finished and buttoned up, trying it on for the first time, I looked down and thought to myself, Something doesn’t look right here! Oh well, it is absolutely not fixable so I will enjoy it as it is. And yes, pockets. All my clothes have pockets.
Other than sewing, I’ve spent time in the garden. The flowers are beautiful this year with all the rain. This hydrangea is looking especially gorgeous right now.
I am back to work, putting together some new mermen. Nothing will get finished until late next week at the earliest as I am off for more road tripping this next week. Busy summer!
I haven’t been finishing any dolls in the past few weeks. I had a few other sewing projects that I REALLY wanted to finish up before the end of July. I didn’t quite make it by that deadline but I did finish them. The big project was a summer quilt. We had the wool quilt on the bed since I finished it last fall but I wanted a cotton quilt. And here it is!
Here is the back-
I only used fabric that I already had plus reclaimed fabric from several of my me-made clothes. It is approximately 90″ x 90″ and goes on our queen size bed. The batting is wool. I hand quilted it. Here are some in-progress and detail photos.
Finding a space and table big enough to sew on the binding.
Step 1 of the binding- the machine sewing.
Step 2, the hand sewing.
After the binding was on, I threw it in the washing machine, delicate cycle. Then dried it outside for a few hours. It was still a bit damp and I put it in the dryer. I didn’t notice any shrinkage but it was certainly wrinkled after it’s wash and dry.
The other sewing I worked on was 2 shirts and I will post them next.
This is the last lady for now.
I have really enjoyed making all the bird appliques and playing with my variegated threads.
Tail ends, since they wrap around the side.
She has some fancy hair.
And here is all the ladies that I still have. I will try to get them up on etsy this weekend.
She has the same palette as the Bird Lady- guess I’m in the mood for my favorite color combination- red and green.
She is dressed a little warmly for the heat wave that is coming through, isn’t she!
Some detail photos-
And this is what I think of as felt lace-