I haven’t tired of the Heather Ross fabric yet!
I am off to Connecticut tomorrow for a family gathering. See you soon!
This doll went through some big changes before arriving here. I had 2 dolls all planned out to use with the unicorn fabric. I thought I’d picked out colors for the dolls’ bodies that would compliment the fabric. Nothing looked right when I started putting them together though. I was feeling very frustrated by the end of the day yesterday. In a flash of inspiration as I lay in bed last night, I realized that I should take the legs off both dolls and switch them. Then put the finished dress onto this doll and go somewhere else with the other doll. And that is what I did this morning. I finished up all the little details and here she is. Phew- I am happy!
The other girl will probably have a dress made from some of the Liberty fabric I bought in Paris. *Reminder to self- don’t get bogged down or blinded by how I meant it to turn out. Be able to see what is happening and change the plan*
This little princess has a dress made of some more Heather Ross Far, Far Away fabric. Here she is with her other princess friend.
I will be posting these latest girls into my Etsy shop over the weekend. I put a note here when they are up.
It is a girl with mermaids!
And, the Heather Ross fabrics are out again.
Back of the pinafore- button and sash.
A double underskirt with ruffles at the hems.
I’m out of practice. I took her outside and took a number of photos, but couldn’t choose the one I liked best. This one shows her hair the most clearly.
I like the pose of this one.
And I like the color contrast on this one.
This was my studio, mid-afternoon. She was finished but I put her in the window to look at and be sure. There are 2 more girls on the desk, waiting for their dresses.
another doll inspired by mermaids and Heather Ross fabric.
This was an interesting doll to work on. I put her body together before I received my Heather Ross fabric in the mail. When the fabric arrived, I realized that the color choices I’d made were not especially good for what I was hoping to do. If you look back at the wip post, you can see that originally I had thought about using different fabrics. As I was playing around, I pulled out my bag of orange cashmere pieces. I set aside a dark orange-red for this doll and also pulled out the bright orange to use on another doll. Well, the bright orange ended up on this little dear. Never, in my rational mind, would I have thought these colors could work together- but in the end, I couldn’t pull them apart!
Her hair is wool boucle fabric hair and the buns are made of wool felt balls. I love her face.
Here are all her outfit pieces- skirt, pinafore and vest.
And, the 2 girls together.