I am behind in posting all the dolls that ended up in Brooklyn with me. I am posting this fellow today and I will post about the NY trip soon. I am working on getting all the new dolls (that didn’t sell) into my Etsy shop but it will probably be a trickle all week. I got back home last night and my to-do list is enormous.
I finished this doll in the hotel on Friday. He was mostly done and I couldn’t bear to leave him behind.
And here he is, hanging up in the booth-
Not that Bluebeard. I am sure this one is very nice.
And, with his friend-
Hunters on the front-
Birds on the back-
Can you see the swirls on his hair? I over-dyed a black and white print fabric.
The snow is finally melting and I have more choices of where to take my outside photos. Hurray for Spring!
The same as this one but different (body pattern). And this one, but different (costume).
The hair style can be hard. This was the second version.
The hair is made from a cotton fabric that I over-dyed with dark brown. I had to over-expose this photo so you can actually see it.
I found a new photo wall- hurray! And it is not blocked by snow!
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day! Sunday, 2/13, was my blog birthday #7! Time sure does fly by, one day at a time.
Yes, the snow.
I am thinking I’d like to do an owl class at my house but I will have to wait for the snow to melt because, right now, there is no parking. But, let me know if you are interested.
Once the doll is stuffed, most of the rest is hand stitching. Breasts sewed on with a ladder stitch.
The face is sketched on with water-soluble marker.
Figure out what kind of hair-do she needs and then draw up a pattern. I always draw a pattern because if I love how it comes out, I want to remember how I did it!
Pin the hair in place and stuff.
Stitch the face.
Hah- That makes it sound so easy! I often cut the embroidered faces off several times before I am satisfied.
Stuff the arms and stitch the fingers.
Arm to shoulder.
Hmm. She needs a belt. Pull out a variety of trims and hope I have the exact right color.
A strip of vintage cotton bias tape-
A length of vintage cotton rick rack.
And a button.
Spritz all the blue lines, let her dry and she is done!
Thanks for all the comments so far- I’m glad everyone is enjoying seeing how I put these together. Tomorrow I hope to take her “beauty” shots. It was too wet outside today for a photo shoot.
another circus tattooed man.
but completely different-