Okay, so you’re thinking, they look the same as the last picture and it’s been 2 days! Well I’ve been working hard on these guys for the last 2 days, but they haven’t really been cooperating. I am having difficulty with shoes and sweaters… typical toddlers.
I have a fuzzy dark blue sweater that I thought would be perfect- I cut out a pinafore sort of thing- it just wasn’t working. Soooo, back to the stash- I pulled out another old sweater- this time a scottish cashmere, sort of icy green color, incredibly soft with only a few moth holes (yard sale- $2) and took it apart.
Here it is in pieces. I saved all the yarn that had chain stitched it together and reused it when I made my mini sweater. Below is the sweater in progress- I used the bottom ribbing (the part at the lower edge of the main body pieces) at the bottom of my sweater and also for the sleeve cuffs. I still need to put buttons on it.
Then there are the shoes… I am struggling here. The one pair I’ve made is not wanting to fit. I’ve resewn one shoe 3 times already. Time to start over… tomorrow.
While I was getting frustrated with difficult toddler dolls, I glued the wigs on, finished the edges on the jumpsuits, sewed on snaps and adjusted elastic- all the stuff that doesn’t really show in a picture. I am hoping to have these guys finished for the show on Saturday, so I have one more day.