1. Here is the basic pattern. Circle, Fold in half, point A goes to point D, point B goes to point C. Stitch in place.
2. Start out by making a knot at the end of your thread. Pull the needle and thread through the center point of the fabric towards the back.
3. Fold the circle in half, covering up your knot.
4. Imagine your half-circle in thirds and fold as shown-
5. Your half circle is folded into thirds-
6. Now to stitch it into place. Slip your needle and thread up the inside of the outer petal-
7. Stitch back into the fabric at the tip of the outer point. Slide your needle and thread back down to the bottom- you’ve done one stitch.
8. Now slide your needle up into the center of your rose.
9. Bring your thread around and stitch back down into the center. This will catch the inner fold and pull it down into the center.
10. Ta- da!
11. Take a stitch or two in the bottom to anchor everything.
12. You can add a leaf or two and then sew it where ever it needs to be!