Well, I got frustrated with the ornaments and not finishing anything and not enough time sewing and too much computer work and the state of the world… so, I’m taking a break on the ornament patterns. It’ll get done eventually but I need to be in a better/different head space.
Summer seems like the perfect time to make Mermen. I had body parts dyed so I’ve spent this last week putting them together. First, I pulled out a BIG pile of possible Merman colors and prints. Yeah, that’s not the half of it!
Sewing up some fins.
Also- OMG I got my scissors sharpened today- Bliss!!!
The fins, sewed and turned.
A little bit of stuffing before I top-stitch. Everything is organized in zip-lock bags.
All the fins finished.
Then, a Merman sandwich. All pinned up and ready to sew the tail side seams.
A pile, all sewed up. Now is time to clip the seams and turn right side out. I love that part!
And, tada! All the machine sewing is finished and now they are ready to be brought to life. I am really excited about the African wax print textiles I came into recently. As always I am very excited to find out who they will turn out to be.
Here is a pic from my desk- all the thread colors piling up as I was sewing.
Yes, I am all over the place these days. It has been rough . I hope I can get back to posting more because that’ll mean I’m making more so fingers crossed.