I finished her in time to photograph before the snow started on Monday. But then I got involved with my dyeing project and that was that for the day. And today too. It turned out to be a 2 day dyeing project. But now I have a year’s worth of new tattooed ladies, gentlemen, mermen, lumberjacks, etc, to work with and I am pretty excited about some of the new fabrics and colors!
She has a silk ribbon sash at her waist with a big bow in the back.
It has been a while since I’ve made any ladies. I didn’t remember why until I pulled out the patterns and the fabrics. Last time I’d worked on them I’d been thinking that I wanted to tweak the pattern a bit and that was the end of that! I’ve been playing around with little changes that no one else will likely notice. We’ll see how it goes.
Here is a close-up of her hair-
I am also cutting out a bunch of new men from some great new fabrics and some old favorites. I can’t do too much at a time because it makes my arm sore- the perils of getting old. Hopefully soon I will get the dyeing supplies out and have another years worth of fellows.
Once again I am being distracted by a quilt. Instead of focusing on any one thing, I am flitting between projects and everything moves forward slowly. The nice weather is another distraction. The flowers are amazing this year.