After doing the background, I sewed the figures onto the fabric and cut it into the pages afterward. This is the pre-cut photo. Sorry it is a bit out of focus.
I glued rickrack onto the edges- silver and blues. Photo of glue drying-
Then the part which always feels like a huge step- gluing the pages into the book-
… in case anyone wants to see my oh so complicated system for clamping, weighting and gluing.
Phew- they are in! I’m committed! Now for the finished photos-
I had so much trouble with this face- I did it over 3 times!
I wrote “Momma’s Dream” on this piece. When my kids were little, the one thing that seemed like bliss was when everyone, even me, was asleep and safe- ah, peace. Amy’s theme for her book is balance, but I don’t really think you get much balance with three little babes. You get through every day, trying to keep your sanity intact, and if you can relax, laugh and still notice the beauty around you, you are doing an amazing job!
Finishing this project has overlapped with starting the next- the printed fabric swap that Bitter Betty organized… this is all new to me, but more about that learning process another day…