this is my 900th post- wow… that’s a lot for someone who used to consider herself writing phobic.
Kerry tagged me a while back for 7 random things. These will be Very random and a bit rambling.
1. Pie makes me think of Mary. I made that one last night.
2. If I make a doll and it makes me think of one of Rosa’s daughters, I feel like it is a success!
3. This is one of my brothers. And this is another. This is my husband. This is my husbands’ brother. My daughter works here.
4. I bought this book by Ruth Singer from AmazonUK. The exchange rate has flipped and now I feel like I got a great deal by going through a UK site. The book is beautiful. I will probably post more about it on another day.
5. I love the internet. Ebay was my entry drug. The craft/art blog community and Flickr are at the top of my love list. I am liking Twitter but still getting used to it. I am still not clear on how Facebook fits into my life. Etsy works for me.
6. I did one of these memes a while back. That star I mentioned? Here it is-
7. This makes me incredibly sad. I have been involved with blogs- reading, commenting, writing- for about 5 years now. I have read about new houses, sicknesses, babies born, pregnancies lost, marriages and divorces, and sometimes it seems that someone just disappears. This is the first time I have felt connected to someone going into hospice. And the odd thing is, I have been a lurker for all the years I’ve watched her amazing drawings go by. Maybe I commented once. But, I still feel like I know her in a way. Her artwork touched me. I teared up when I read this post.
I will try to tag some people soon- right now I feel exhausted just doing this!
This was a fun post…Your star is amazing! I just checked my palms for one – lol!
Learning Daily is a fun blog. What a strong person to continue posting up to the near end. I love her drawings, too.
Wow, Mimi, what an interesting family you have! How is your daughter enjoying Chicago Shakespeare?
I love your star. I also checked and I have one on the left hand! It feels very lucky, but how strange I never saw it before. I’ve been following all the cool things you have been making while I have been away, always a pleasure.
Thank you for posting about Cindy woods, I did not know her but her drawers are wonderful, I won’t forget her.
you have reminded me to speak now!
I love your work
Congratulations on your 900th post! WOW!
I confess to having linked through to both Mary’s and Rosa’s blogs to try to find pictures of Mary’s pies (or other baked goods), and Rosa’s daughters. I was sad to be unable to find pictures of either. :-(
I didn’t know that Paul had a Wikopedia page! I learned stuff that I never knew about him. Amazing!
I feel a little obtuse to admit that I don’t see the 5-point star in your palm. You’ll have to show it to me the next time we’re together.
I’m going to take this opportunity to say that I LOVE your dolls. I love their personalities, and how they remind me of my grandmother’s place.
Also, thank you for posting Cindy Woods’ blog. I will never forget her now that I’ve seen her. Her words moved me to tears and she is a very beautiful woman. And her artwork is touching… I think you’ve challenged people to speak up and let others know how important they are.
I just found your blog through Boston Handmade and I am enjoying checking in.
Love that you have a star in your palm. Made me check myself. No such luck.
You teach me so much each time I check in. Thank you for all the rich links. What a family you have. Wow.
yeah…you kept me busy with the links, but how wonderful to read in more detail about your interesting family :)