I am really excited about working with this African wax print fabric. I need to learn more about it. This piece (which was gifted to me) has a slightly shiny surface, even after washing. I will be keeping my eye out for other patterns that would work with my designs.
I REALLY struggled with his hair. I tried out 3 other colors/patterns before settling on this orange-peachy color. And when I say tried, I mean I cut out the hair and beard, sewed up the beard, pinned it all on his head… then decided I didn’t like it! And his hair style-
I wanted to do something with 2 “braids” but it took a lot of fiddling. Of course that is always the way when figuring out something new.
When I was dyeing up the fabric pieces for these mermen, I had the idea that I wanted to make a golden one. When I searched through the colors, I choose one that was labeled caramel. And I did get caramel. But I was still thinking about golden: hence the blond hair. He ended up completely different from what I’d been aiming for at the start but I love who he became. It is always a surprise.
Picking out a button is always a very big decision!