and this one is very bright!
I love working/playing with the aqua and orange combination.
So much so, that I am finishing up and will be posting this baby’s twin tomorrow.
I’ve got a few more of these bird babies on the work table. I love working with the colors.
I am not rushing to get these into my Etsy shop right now. I will be at the South End Holiday Market on Dec. 11 and 12 and am trying to build my inventory for that.
I seem to be doing everything possible to not work on my owl pattern, including getting sick for a week. I am still not totally clear-headed. But I have started. And, I did work slowly on some other projects while my energy level was low.
I love how the bird lady came out and wanted to work more with the colors and design. I have a feeling I will be revisiting the interlocking birds again and again.
in this one, the birds are all basically the same size and shape.
I love this one.
I redid the face. I should know by now that if I wonder if it is right, it isn’t. The only question is, what to do to fix it. Face-ectomy.
I like her little shoes too.
The red bird fabric and the russet hair fabric are ones that I over-dyed. I always enjoy using them- the uneven color (I am NOT an expert at dyeing!) adds interest for me.
This was my carry along project when I went to Chicago for Renegade Craft Market. You know, in case I got bored. HA HA! Yes. The poor little thing has been sitting in a ziplock bag for more then a month now. Finally, finished.
The fabrics are mostly heathery and soft. The bird is a blue-grey piece of cashmere fabric that I dyed a while back.
I got the owls back from the Hoot! Show at the Renegade Spotlight Gallery and they are now in my Etsy Shop.Â And yes, I am working on a pattern. No promises for how long though… since I am afraid to open Photoshop and InDesign… once I get over that hurdle, things might proceed more rapidly.
the other 2 projects I brought to NY. I thought they were finished on Monday night. So smug. I didn’t get around to photographing them until late on Tuesday afternoon. As I was looking at them through the camera, I started to know they weren’t quite right. The photos confirmed it. Back they went to my desk. They both had some rework and now I am happier.
The green bird baby-
The first face had eyebrows but the poor baby looks so unhappy! And a little Frida Kahlo too.
The misty morning baby-
Can you see the difference? I restitched the face onto the doll. People are often surprised to find out that I usually stuff my dolls before doing the embroidery. I didn’t stuff these babies first because they were traveling with me. This face was stitched onto the doll when I stuffed it. The main baby fabric stretched when I stuffed it but the wool felt of the face didn’t. The stitches got pulled and Frankenstein-ish. Now I am happier.
The gray-blue fabric is woven cashmere that I dyed. I am not sure what color dye I was working with, but when it came out, I wasn’t thrilled and threw it into the pile of fabric to be redyed. Every time I went through the pile, it would catch my eye and I’d think about it then put it back. One day though, it followed me up to my studio and after the moonbeam girls, this baby needed to be made.
I spent several hours yesterday cleaning and sorting out piles in my studio. Wool is now mostly put away and time for toile and tattoos. I am working diligently to have a good selection of work for Renegade. It is one month from today- YIKES!Â Anyway, look- open flat spaces in my studio! Well, not anymore, but I did document it while it lasted.